Monday, June 16, 2008

Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

For those of you who have not had the 'opportunity' to watch The Godfather, the title of this post probably makes zero sense to you. I say opportunity in quotations because, in my opinion, The Godfather is an acquired taste. At least for a female film watcher who isn't big on violence & tends towards the When Harry Met Sally/The Notebook genre of films... But, after sitting through The Godfather multiple times, I've come to really love the movie. There are so many great lines in the film, it's unbelievable. Some of the most quotable lines actually made it into a chick flick that I am very fond of - You've Got Mail.

Unfortunately, this quote isn't exactly helping me w/ my packing... I'm about 90% packed, but my suitcase is about 110% full. And I still need to miraculously fit 5 pairs of shoes in my bag... So yah, it's going to take a miracle to make this happen. Or it means I need to go back & unpack a bunch of stuff... or take fewer shoes. This trip is especially tough since I'll be doing the typical touristy stuff which requires comfy shoes, going out to dinner in a nice restaurant or 2, which requires some heels, and also visiting the World Trade Organization, which requires a business suit & closed toe black shoes... So yah.

And so the packing continues. I've been packing for a week, but it's crunch time now since I fly out tomorrow around 7 pm & am working until 1 tomorrow, so as Tim Gunn would say, I really need to 'make it work'.

No comments: